- Who are you?
Tijl Speetjens, Business Development Manager Benelux & Nordic Countries, OTA Insight
- How did you end up with OTA Insight?
I have always had a passion for hospitality, technology and revenue and distribution management was always one of my main interests, working in a number of roles within the industry including Availpro, Expedia and Booking.com. I was looking for a new challenge when I started hearding a lot of positive buzz in the industry about one of the key market disruptors, OTA Insight. I found out that alongside their rapid customer growth they were on the lookout new talent to help grow the business.
- What do you think are the three things that nobody within the industry knows about you?
1. I am a huge basketball fan and I play it competitively.
2. My goal is to complete an Ironman before my 35th birthday.
3. My wife and I speak 2 languages with our daughter (Spanish and Dutch).
- What are you going to talk about during the seminar?
I will elaborate on the different market trends that are affecting hotel revenues. From evolving metasearch websites, changing OTAs and the shift in customer bases.
- What are the key points you want the participants to take with you from your speech?
The key message that I want to give is that as online channels evolve it is important to also have smarter distribution analytics and management.